Helpful Hints on Design
It’s one thing to see a home be remodeled on one of those television design shows. Changing your own personal space can be a bit trickier. Here are a few helpful tips on selecting new flooring.
- Don’t be afraid to use color in your flooring. Colors can be quite adaptable!
- Since the dining table covers most of the floor in your dining room, you can save money on flooring by using a rug.
- Avoid a fire hazard by keeping vinyl, carpet, or wood flooring away from a wood-burning fireplace.
- Don’t skimp on the quality of padding for your carpet. Good padding upgrades the feel and extends the life of your carpet.
- For pets, make sure you choose carpeting that won’t snag on their claws. You may want to select hues or patterns that will camouflage potential pet stains.
- Be sure to rotate any rugs in high traffic areas to cut down on wear and tear.
- To make a room appear larger, choose flooring that closely matches the color of your furniture.
- Vacuum often to extend the life of your carpet or rugs.
To learn more helpful tips on flooring, visit our showroom!